Thursday, November 17, 2011

Implementation

Over the past 2 weeks I have begun the last unit for the semester, which incorporates the implementation of a gaming component. Students will be studying atmosphere and will investigate the game Fate of the World, the Tipping Point. After some time getting the game loaded and installed, I attempted to figure out every possible angle of making it available for other students to play.  Attempting to run it through the district to get it loaded with a site license on the computers in the computer lab could take over a month, which will result in no game at all.
So an alternative solution, is for me to purchase a single license on my own, load it on my computer and allow the team to run 15-20 minute sessions every day in pairs of two. In addition I will provide them access to a secondary game as needed.
I am terribly worried, however, as the other software required for running the Game Creation is Game Salad, which also requires an install.
Next year implementation will be easy, but right now, it really only allows me to implement gaming from online components.

No comments:

Post a Comment