Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Mangement and Design

I purposefully set down 3dGamelab for sometime. I was overwhelmed with the number of Quests I needed to complete and frustrated by the roadblocks I was encountering for implementing it. Being back in the classroom reminds me of the many challenges that teachers face when integrating technology: are there enough tools, helping students move past the technology to the actually learning, and the biggest one... making time to prepare the lesson with technology and making sure the technology is working. It is truly overwhelming.
With that in mind, as I sit here reviewing Quests in 3dgamelab, I ask myself, is this a tool that will be beneficial to helping me to help my students learn better, or will it be another distraction.  I cannot tell.  So I will continue forward and attempt to implement and see the result.
In the meantime I will continue to my evaluation of it in terms of a management system with a game design, which I really like or a way to also help manage good design in teaching, using the UbD framework in an online environment. Will it provide the same dopamine rush as the immediate feedback provided by WoW? If so, how will I measure that?

No comments:

Post a Comment