Thursday, September 1, 2011

3d GameLab: COPPA and FERPA

As I am slowly working through my 3D Gamelab quests, I have found that I greatly enjoy the quick quests. These often entail reading for information and knowledge.

At first I was totally turned off to this concept, as I felt that I was not really certain I had learned it nor demonstrated it. But after completing it, I realized two things,
1. I enjoyed the fact that the info was snack byte of brain activity. This planted seeds of thought.

2. I realized that beginning the unit with ethics was a wonderful way to remind the users of appropriate behavior and safety. In fact, beginning with this really reinforces positive modeling of appropriate use of technology in education.

I think there were similar experiences by others.

No comments:

Post a Comment